Part of the charity Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming, the Real Bread Campaign is finding and sharing ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet.
Starting from – made without artificial additives – as its simple and universally-accessible definition of Real Bread, the Campaign’s initiatives include:
- #RealBreadWeek and #SourdoughSeptember: Our two annual, international celebrations of additive-free loaves and the people who make them, encouraging people to buy Real Bread from local, independent bakeries and to bake their own
- Knead To Know: The introductory guide to turning a passion for bread making into a microbakery or community baking enterprise
- Together We Rise: Helping more people living with mental health issues, and a range of other challenges, benefit from the therapeutic, employment and social opportunities of making Real Bread
- No Loaf Lost: From feeding people in need, through brewing, to pig food, bakeries and retailers are reducing their food waste. Starting with SME bakeries, the Campaign is finding what more can be done to reduce the amount of surplus being produced in the first place
- Honest Crust Act: Calling on the government to better protect shoppers (and the small bakeries that help create more jobs per loaf and keep our high streets alive) from the effects of misleading loaf marketing and incomplete/absent ingredient labelling
The Campaign has supporters in more than 20 countries and welcomes everyone to join, whether or not they’re a professional baker or a baker at all.
Find out more and join at realbreadcampaign.org