World Bread Awards, hereinafter referred to as “WBA”, is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to be able to send you communications about WBA that you have requested. The ‘personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, and address.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you
2. How your information is used
3. Who is collecting your information
4. With whom your information may be shared
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
6. How you can access, update or delete your information
7. How WBA treats your personal information
8. What about children’s privacy
9. The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
1. What personally identifiable information does WBA collect from me?
WBA collects information volunteered by you, such as contact details, and whether you wish to receive newsletters. WBA does not sell on lists to others.
2. How does WBA use my information?
WBA uses the information we collect about you to be able to send you communications that you have requested, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the WBA website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with WBA alone, except in the instances described below. When you are using our secure online payment pages you are going through to a partner company, PayPal, and it is clear on the payment page when you are going through to the PayPal website.
4. With whom does WBA share your information?
As a general rule, WBA will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. When you are using our secure online payment pages you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place.
5. What are my choices regarding collection, use and distribution of my information?
WBA does not sell or rent user information to anyone.
6. What is the WBA policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to WBA. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that WBA maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at [COMPANY_EMAIL] with the details.
7. How does WBA protect my personal identifiable information?
WBA is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
8. What about children’s privacy?
The safety of children is very important to us. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online.
9. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give WBA personal information, these details may be stored and processed outside of the UK, and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, WBA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make every effort to ensure its security on our systems.