- 1lb strong bread flour
- 1oz salt
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- ½ pint tepid water
- ½ oz fresh yeast
- Olive Oil
- Black and Green pitted olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parma ham
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and salt.
- Dissolve the yeast and honey in half of the tepid water.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour pour in the yeast mixture and gradually stir through the flour using a spatula.
- Slowly add the remaining water until you have a moist dough. (If too much water just add a little more flour).
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and kneed for 3 or 4 minutes, the dough will look silky.
- Place it back in the bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to prove for 45 minutes.
- After this time the dough will have doubled in size. Punch the air out of it.
- Kneed slightly again. You can make one large focaccia or 2 smaller ones by just halving the dough.
- On a lined baking tray either roll out the dough or stretch out with your fingers to the shape you want. Drizzle with olive oil and your choice of toppings.
- Leave to rise again for 30 minutes then bake in the oven at 220 C for approximately 15 minutes.